20070713

CHAPTER FIVE (by Hugo Oliveira)





Chapter five and final oportunity to make the essential choice – the last rescue from the "earthwreck". I made a walk trough the previous chapters and I noticed that they all spoke about music. In the end, the object to save was directly related with music. That was not my intention when I started these texts. What I really wanted to do was to suggest five or six great creations of the human being - they could not be related with art but if they were that would not be a problem.


Therefore now I am not thinking about some rescue, but only in the fact of that almost everything what I make involves direct or indirectly music - with or without lyrics. This was an important conclusion and a clear path – it is still truth that sometimes you have to say it loud and clear. Perhaps therefore I feel that this work keeps an incomplete conclusion. I promised five rescues and in the end I reduced this number only to one. Perhaps because when saving music saves after all all the people who had made it. I will reduce that number to a few persons that I like to call friends. Writing these articles made me perceive that my social relations are directly affected by the musical taste of the involved people – and one love without music seems quite impossible. It is much more easy to communicate when the subject is related with music.


Let us place the question in this way: music or people? which one should we save? Not to fall in discredit I keep my introductory position of chapter two - perhaps because in the beginning of the week I bought two records that seem quite perfect (both from the end of the eighties); 2 Nice Girls (Like A Version) + I Start Counting (My Translucent Hands) . So I must save some of us.


Let´s imagine a new game with this fact. Five players in the Island! Five musicians/bands: 2 NICE GIRLS (LesBians), TERRE THAEMLITZ (Trans-Sexual), JUSTUS KOHNCKE (HomoSexual), ALVA NOTO (Trans-Visionary), D*I*R*T*Y* SOUNDSYSTEM (French) :^)
Nothing of this is making sense today.


So let´s go wild and make a big happy Island with:
In order of appearance
POPNONAME, MATÉRIA PRIMA, CHIARA FIGONE, D*I*R*T*Y* SOUND SYSTEM, PHOTONZ, CONTRIVA, FM3, LALI PUNA, CR"NICA ELECTR"NICA, TILIA, MIUK, JETTOKI, (JOHN CAGE), 2 NICE GIRLS, TERRE THAEMLITZ, JUSTUS K, ALVA NOTO…
In alphabetical order:
AROVANE, B. FLEISCHMANN, BURO, BUNGALOW, C. MARCLAY, CHRIS WATSON, CITY CENTRE OFFICES, CHICA PAULA, EN/OF, E*VAX, EKKEHARD EHLERS, FENNESZ, GRAND SALVO, I START COUNTING, ISAN, JANEK SCHAEFFER, JIM AVIGNON, JOHN XELA, JORG FOLLERT, MORRISSEY, P.VINHAS, SANDRO PERRI, STEFAN SCHWANDER, MICHAEL MAYER, MINDLESS BOOGIE, RHYTHM & SOUND, SILVERIO, SUICIDE, TAM, THIS MORTAL COIL, THORSTEN LUTZ, THOMAS BRINKMANN, YESTERNOW… and a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, lot more.


Don’t forget to read some books meanwhile!
And visit this nice things called museums.
And of course, Love!


Tks Marta + Cris (Caoceito), for the trust, the simpathy and the grapes! AAAAUUUUUUU!!!! AUF! AUF!


I FEEL (LIKE MAKIN’) LOVE - (hyperlink)!